At MediGap Advisors,
we want to help you be smart about how you handle your medical expenses. By taking advantage of all the money-saving tools available, you can reduce your annual medical costs by thousands of dollars. (By the way, the first step towards saving money is to obtain a Medicare supplement plan or a Medicare Advantage plan. Complete instructions on how to get the best plan for your needs can be seen on the “How To” Guide page. Wiley also periodically shares some great money-saving tips on his Medigap Advisors Blog.)
Drug Discounts - Whether you are covered by Medicare Part D or not, there may be times when you have to pay for prescription medications from your own. If this does happen, we can show you how to save money on your prescriptions. There is a wide variation in pricing on prescription drugs, and smart shoppers can save a lot of money by doing some comparison shopping. To help you lower your prescription costs even further, MediGap Advisors has a resource which may dramatically reduce your prescription drug costs.
Our Prescription Drug Discount Card that you can download immediately, cut out, and put in your wallet. You’ll have access to online pricing, so you can be sure you’re getting the best price available before you head to the pharmacy. This card is widely accepted, offers good discounts, and we recommend you always check prices with this card even if your insurance company also provides a discount prescription card.
- AmeriDoc - Have you had enough of time-consuming visits to the emergency room for common ailments, or long waits to see your primary care physician for routine consultations? Telemedicine is an increasingly favored method of health care that is now used by more than one million Americans. All you need is a telephone or computer to speak with a U.S. board-certified physician at any time – day or night, seven days a week. Prescriptions and at-home lab-test kits are included in this non-insurance plan. Gaps in your prescription coverage are solved with affordable, flat-rate prescription service. Get wellness counseling for a healthy lifestyle with a network of licensed U.S. doctors around the clock with AmeriDoc telemedicine.
Fee Discounts - If you ever want or need any lab test not covered by Medicare, you will want to make sure that you pay the lowest possible cost. The biggest markups in health care are for prescription drugs and lab tests. Instead of paying full retail price for things like blood work and CAT scans, MediGap Advisors clients and visitors have access to discounted pricing that reduces the costs by as much as 80%. Simply go online, order the tests you want, and then head to the closest participating lab to have the test run. Results are usually available within 48 hours.
- Identity Theft Protection – Identity thieves specifically target people over 64. The Identity Guard® ID Total Protection® plan works to block would-be thieves from accessing your private information. MediGap Advisors offers the best ID protection available with continuous monitoring to alerts you to any activity using your account information.
- Imaging Discounts – This service will typically save you 40 – 70% on MRIs, CT Scans, and most other imaging procedures. Discounts on x-rays, ultrasounds, and echocardiograms are usually about 25%. You can create your ID card online, and then an 800# to schedule your tests.
Free Fitness Program – Take charge of your health with the SilverSneaker program. You’ll receive a free basic membership at one of the participating gyms across the country. This includes access to amenities such as heated pools, treadmills, and weights. Plus, you can take SilverSneakers classes taught by certified instructors specifically for older adults – all at no additional cost. Gym memberships typically run around $240 per year, and this complementary membership includes Curves for women. Research published in The Lancet shows that just 92 minutes of moderate activity per week can add three years to your life. SilverSneakers is designed to make exercise that fun and social for seniors. Contact one of our MediGap Advisors today to see if a plan near you offers SilverSneakers.
Will Preparation - If you do not have a current will in place, creating one should be one of your top priorities. While having an attorney help you format your will can be important, if you have a simple estate you can easily create your own will for free. This site (which is not affiliated with MediGap Advisors in any way), enables you to easily set up a legal will in any state except Louisiana.
Negotiation Service - Insurance companies and major employers have the power to negotiate with doctors and hospitals to receive lower prices than the general public gets, something the average individual can’t do. Because of MediGap Advisors’s large presence in the marketplace, you now have access to the same service, risk free. Before paying a medical bill, our members simply submit your claims to our negotiation service, and if they can negotiate a reduced bill you get to keep 70% of the savings! If they are unable to negotiate any further price reductions, then you pay nothing.
Cost Term Life Insurance - The best value in life insurance is term life. Choose the amount of coverage you want, and for a period of 10, 20, or 30 years your premiums will never change. Term life rates are lower than they’ve ever been, and you have access to the lowest rates available. Get an instant quote online and apply today.
Medical Treatment - More and more Americans are traveling out of the country to receive medical treatment. High quality treatment from U.S. board certified surgeons can often be had for a fraction of what it would cost here in the U.S. Substantial savings are available on dental work, cosmetic surgery, and even things like knee replacement or bypass surgery. MediGap Advisors partners with PlanetHospital and PlacidWay.
PlanetHospital’s on-staff doctors will consult with you about your situation, recommend appropriate surgeons and facilities, and arrange for all treatment. MediGap Advisors clients and visitors will have their consultation fee waived, and receive an additional 10% discount on the concierge fee.
PlacidWay, a health and wellness tourism company, connects you with your ideal healthcare service provider in a location of your choice, and charges no fees. You are given a complete freedom to explore, customize, and experience healthcare options around the world that fit your personal needs, finances, and desires.
and Legal Assistance - KKO Lawyers is a nationwide tax-law firm specializing in the areas of tax, estate and business planning for small business owners all over the country. They can help you with your tax planning and asset protection structure, and they teach strategies that really work - including the use of Medigaps. KKO Lawyers is a company every small business owner should at least consider when forming their advisory team for tax and legal planning.
- Online Shopping Rebate Program – MediGap Advisor members and visitors are eligible for a rebate program that gives you cash back while you shop online from major retailers, such as Amazon or Travelocity. Absolutely no strings attached and no cost to you. Visit the Retail Benefits sign up page to download the shopping assistant and start earning cash back today.
- Mobile Rhino Device Protection – Your cell phone and other mobile devices are really your lifeline to family, friends, business and even emergency personnel. Without the right insurance on these vital mobile devices, you could have to pay the total retail price to replace them if lost, stolen or accidentally damaged. Most warranty and replacement contracts sold for your phone or tablet don’t come with the total protection and 24-hour replacement guarantee that Mobile Rhino’s six-point plan does. MediGap Advisors proudly offers Mobile Rhino’s complete protection plan, which could save you more than 25 percent off the cost of standard coverage. Click the Mobile Rhino icon above to get started with this valuable coverage.
& Wealth Report - Our MediGap Advisors clients receive a monthly newsletter informing them on Health & Wealth information to improve their overall health insurance situation. Sign up for a Medigap plan today and start receiving our newsletter.
- Pet Insurance - Health care can be very expensive, even for your dog or cat. For a small monthly premium, you can protect yourself against unexpected veterinary bills that can run into thousands of dollars. We understand that your pets are part of your family. The service we recommend is Embrace Pet Insurance. They offer comprehensive coverage for emergency veterinarian services, treatment of conditions that are specific to the breed and type of animal, and even offer optional coverage for wellness visits. You can get quotes and sign up online!