The MediGap Blog
To Contact Our Licensed Advisors

Medigap Insurance Is Beneficial For Seniors

When you have a Medigap Insurance Plan or a Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan, you gain greater access to health care services than when you rely on Medicare alone.  This is due to the fact that Medicare covers 80 percent of doctor bills up to a pre-determined amount after meeting a $162 annual deductible.  With Medicare alone, you alone have to pay out-of-pocket for the remaining 20 percent of every doctor bill.

Medicare Supplement Insurance can definitely expand your Medicare coverage in several ways.  Certain plans reimburse you for Medicare out-of-pocket costs, including the big $1,132 Part A deductible.  To qualify for a Medigap Plan, you must be at least 65 or eligible due to a disability and enrolled in Medicare Part B.

If you have pre-existing medical conditions, you may apply for Medigap Insurance during open enrollment for guaranteed acceptance.  During open enrollment, you cannot be denied coverage or charged higher than standard rates simply because you have a health problem.  To catch open enrollment, you need to apply within the first six months after you turn 65.

With a choice of 10 different Medigap Plans, you can pick and choose the benefits you need most.  To get an idea of what each type of Medigap Plan offers, see coverage details here on our website.  We also have educational resources to help you compare Medicare Advantage Plans, too.

Wiley Long

Wiley Long

Wiley Long is founder and president of Medigap Advisors, and is passionate about helping people navigate the confusing waters of Medicare. He is the author of The Medicare Playbook: Designing Your Successful Health Coverage Strategy, a clear and simple explanation so you can make the most of your Medicare coverage. For more information visit www.MediGapAdvisors.com.
Wiley Long

 

 
GET AN
INSTANT QUOTE
Compare Your Medigap Options Today!
 



Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com