The MediGap Blog
To Contact Our Licensed Advisors

Will Medicare Supplement Insurance Pay More Than Medicare’s Pre-approved Amount?

For bills from doctors and other non-hospital health care providers, Medicare pays 80 percent of a “pre-approved” amount regardless of what your doctor charges. You may think that Medigap Insurance picks up the remaining 20 percent that’s left after Medicare pays its portion of these bills. That is true, but two Medicare Supplement Plans will do more.

If your doctor accepts what Medicare will pay and you have a Medicare Supplement, you’ll have 100-percent coverage. Medicare will pay for 80 percent and your Medicare Supplement Insurance will pay the remaining 20 percent. That means no out-of-pocket costs for you.

What if you need to see a specialist who doesn’t accept Medicare’s pre-approved amount? Let’s say that Medicare pays $100 for a procedure that your doctor charges $200 to perform. Medicare covers $80 and your Medigap covers $20. That still leaves you to pay $100, unless you have Medigap Plans F or G. Medigap Plan F would pay that additional $100 so you would pay absolutely nothing. Plan G would pay 80 percent of the excess or $80 and you would only have to pay $20 for a $200 procedure.

This is just one of the ways that Medicare Supplement Insurance can protect you from unexpected medical bills. Don’t miss out on the help that can prevent health care expenses from devouring your retirement savings. As the leading online specialists in Medicare Planning, MediGap Advisors can take a look at your health care expenses and advise you on how to cut them down to size. Find out what you need to know about your Medicare coverage and how you can improve it by visiting MediGap Advisors online. If you’d like professional assistance, just call them at 866 323-1441. There’s no charge for a confidential consultation with a licensed agent.

 

Wiley Long is founder and president of Medigap Advisors, and is passionate about helping people navigate the confusing waters of Medicare. He is the author of The Medicare Playbook: Designing Your Successful Health Coverage Strategy, a clear and simple explanation so you can make the most of your Medicare coverage. For more information visit www.MediGapAdvisors.com.

 

 
GET AN
INSTANT QUOTE
Compare Your Medigap Options Today!
 



Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com